Hello Panthers, Parents and Friends!
Welcome to our webpage! On this page it is our intent to keep you informed of events, important dates, our calendar, and what is happening at Paw Creek! Please be sure to check the webpage often as well as Follow us on Facebook , and Follow us on Instagram ! Stay informed! Stay Safe! Panther Pride!
**Important School Announcement**
Good Morning Paw Creek Families,
The heartbreaking tragedy that occurred in Texas yesterday is unfathomable and difficult to comprehend. Our most important role in the next few days is to support our students and ensure their emotional well-being.
Children have more access to information than ever before, and parents have less ability to filter. We recognize that many students will come to school today needing reassurance, while others will have no knowledge of what has occurred. Our staff members have experience responding to students with different needs in many situations.
We want families to be aware of our response plan today. School staff will be monitoring students and actively listening to conversations to understand where support and reassurance are needed. Below is our approach to assuring all students feel safe at school:
· We will support our students by listening and reassuring them of the ways we keep them safe.
· We will actively monitor children while arriving and getting settled in the morning. Younger kids (especially) can't hold in pressing thoughts for long.
· If students mention the situation, the teacher will call them away and ask how they are feeling about what they know.
· Teachers and staff will affirm students’ feelings as a natural response and let them know that we understand if they are scared, sad, mad, anxious or have other emotions.
· We will reassure them that they are safe and remind them of the many safety measures we have in place: secured classrooms, screening adults/visitors before entering campus and requiring a sign-in and a badge, adults monitoring hallways, police officers and security associates on campus or nearby.
We have also provided resources on our school website for talking with children about violence and responding to tragedy in the news. We are here to support your children and take safety very seriously. Please be assured students will be monitored and nurtured, as needed ,during this difficult time.
Resources to post on website: · Talking to Children About Violence · How to Talk About Violence in the News · Compassion and Acceptance in Crisis
Promoting Peace and Acceptance in Crisis_2015.pdf
talking to children about violence 2021.pdf
How to talk about violence.pdf
**Important School Announcement**
Please pay attention to the following announcement as it applies to the safety procedures of our school.
Dear Parents or Guardians:
This is a reminder that Paw Creek has a 100% tobacco free school policy. This policy prohibits all tobacco use – including all types of electronic cigarettes – by everyone, everywhere on campus, at all times – including carpool, and school events after regular school hours. This policy also prohibits parents and students from bringing tobacco products on campus. Thank you in advance for adhering to this policy as we work together to ensure staff and student safety.
Please contact our school office for questions or concerns at 980-343-6088.
PAW CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL