Dear West Charlotte Family,
I am so excited to be joining the Lion Family! On behalf of the Administration, Teachers, and Staff of West Charlotte High School, I would like to officially welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year! Our staff is busy preparing for the start of the school year and we are so excited to welcome each of our new and returning scholars to the Lion Pride! This is a historic year as we officially transition and start our first year in the brand new building of West Charlotte High School. We are also adding a new dance & theater program. With state of the art technology, learning spaces designed for the future, and new facilities, we can’t wait for your scholar and your family to experience this new building!
We are looking forward to an incredible year of providing our scholars with the skills necessary to succeed in life beyond high school! We are also looking forward to strengthening our collaborative partnership with scholars, families, and the community to help continue to make West Charlotte High School an outstanding, safe, and joyful educational environment for your child. There was a lot to celebrate last year and we look forward to creating a new theme around an “Expectation of Excellence!
One important thing we must focus on to reach Excellence is attendance (see attached flyer). This coming school year it will be imperative that your scholar attends school everyday and is on time. If your scholar misses 10 or more school days they will be in danger of failing the course.
Important items for your attention are below as we prepare to open school are listed below:
- Our Open-House is scheduled for Thursday, August 25th from 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM. The time for incoming 9th graders and families is from 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM and the time for incoming 10th - 12th graders and families will be from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
- Schedules are included in this mailing. You will see your 1st and 2nd semester classes on this schedule. Additionally, parents should now be able to access the PowerSchool Parent Portal to view your scholar’s grades and schedule online at www.cms.powerschool.com In this mailing is also the Access ID and Access Password to link your account to your scholar’s account. Schedule changes can be requested for review through an Online Google Form that will be available on the Scholar Services website.
- Scholar transportation information can be found within this mailing. School begins on Monday, August 29th at 7:10 AM.
- If you have not already signed your scholar up for Bus Transportation, please visit www.bit.ly/cmsridershipform2022 and enter in their scholar ID Number and Last Name. When typing in the last name, the form allows 14 characters. If you have trouble with the form, please call 980-343-6715.
- Scholars who enrolled and registered for transportation services should have a stop for the first day of school, Monday August 29th. scholars who register between August 5th and August 23rd should have their stop by August 30th and scholars who register between August 24th and August 29th should have a stop by September 1st.
- Counselor Caseloads will be by last name and alpha this-year to ensure that families and scholars have the same counselor for 4 years and that families with multiple children also have the same counselor. Please view the table below to view who your scholar(s) counselor is.
- Dr. Bell: A – Br Mr. Ruediger: Las - M. Miller
- Ms. Boyd: Bu – Dr Mrs. Smith: N. Miller –G. Reid
- Ms. Dewalt: Du – Ha Mr. Thomas: H. Reid - Str
- Mr. Parker: He – Lar Mr. Wright: Stu - Z
The WC Family will follow all policies listed in the CMS scholar Code of Conduct: Rights and Responsibilities Handbook and the West Charlotte Parent & scholar Handbook during the 2022-2023 school year.
Please review and discuss the entire CMS scholar Code of Conduct: Rights and Responsibilities Handbook and the West Charlotte Parent & scholar Handbook with your scholar.
Please bookmark our West Charlotte High School website and other social media outlets so you can stay up to date with important information. Additionally, if you are not receiving our ConnectEd messages by phone, e-mail, and text - please call the school at 980-343-6060 to ensure we have your correct contact information.
We believe that all scholars can achieve and all of our actions, processes and expectations align to that belief. Working together we can achieve amazing things for our scholars!
We look forward to a great school year!
Orlando Robinson, Principal