Westerly Hills Academy is a 21st Century learning environment with 30+ classrooms that each have grade level tutor rooms for small group instruction. Our building includes a beautiful new Media Center equipped for research, instruction, television production and desktop publishing.
All pre-kindergarten through fifth grade classrooms and the Media Center are outfitted with Smart boards, Senteo Student Response Systems, Airliners,and three computer workstations.
Westerly Hills Academy is a diverse population of students with a family
approach to educating students by ensuring parents are partners.
Students are encourage to be leaders.
District: The mission of CMS is to maximize academic achievement by every student in every school.
School: As a Westerly Hills Academy Scholar, I will collaborate, create, and communicate to become a leader today for a better tomorrow.
All students can learn, achieve, and succeed
● Academic success is birthed from a strong relationship between staff and parents
● Teachers must recognize and accommodate the various learning styles of our students
● A safe school is one where staff ensures that the learning environment is safe and orderly
● Students must be active participants in the learning environment
● Cultural diversity increases student understanding of different people
Outcomes of Focus
Bases upon analysis of data and Self Evaluation, our focus will be upon the following outcomes:
Increase student achievement in Reading
Increase student achievement in Math
Increase Parent Involvement and participation